I dedicate this post to all my fellow bookworms who believe the book was better.
What if you could only read your favorite genre for the rest of your life, what would it be? For my movie watching nonreaders, what would be your favorite movie genre?
Recently this was a conversation starter on a local morning radio station. I wanted to ask my online friends the same question to help stir up ideas for my next summer read.
My Favorite Genre
If I could only read one genre for the rest of my life, it would be historical fiction.
I’m hooked on the Maggie Hope Mystery series by Susan Elia MacNeal.
Maggie Hope is a secretary turned secret agent working for Winston Churchill in the 1940s.
2019 Reading Thus Far
My reading list for 2019 contains a mixture of historical fiction, political thrillers, and nonfiction self-help.
I hope something on my list will spark an interest with you.
- Sweet Tomorrows by Debbie Macomber
- A Dog’s Journey by W. Bruce Cameron
- Snobs by Julien Fellows
- Missing Isaac by Valerie Fraser Luesse
- The Chosen People by Robert Whitlow
- All the Stars in the Heavens by Andriana Trigiani
- Belgravia by Julien Fellows
- Mr. Churchill’s Secretary by Susan Elia MacNeal
- His Majesty’s Hope by Susan Elia MacNeal
- The Prime Minister’s Secret Agent by Susan Elia MacNeal
Political Thriller Fiction:
- The Kremlin Conspiracy by Joel C. Rosenberg
- The Persian Gamble by Joel C. Rosenberg
- The Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin
- Spark Joy by Marie Kondo
- Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes
- Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- Girl Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis
- Have a New Teenager by Friday by Kevin Leman
- Leaving Legalism by Kendra Fletcher
- Grace Outpouring by Roy Godwin
- A Wife’s 40 Day Fasting and Praying Journal by Kaylene Yoder
- The God I Never Knew by Robert Morris
- Face to Face with God by Bill Johnson
- Anchored by Kayla Aimee
- More for Mom by Kristen Funston
- Prayers for Prodigals by James Banks
- On Bended Knee: Praying Like Prophets, Warriors, and Kings by Crickett Keeth
Join for monthly encouragement in your mailbox.
Members will also receive a free 7-Day Devotional, "When Life Take a Detour."